Contrary to the fear and misinformation sold to our communities, caring for the environment, and each other, does not come at the expense of an economy that benefits all New Mexicans. Our state’s economic future is bigger than any single issue or industry and rebuilding …
Nuevo Mexico Prospera is a coalition of grassroots economic, social and environmental justice organizations from around the state working to diversify the state’s economy while creating thousands of jobs for communities most impacted by climate change. We believe communities and frontline workers who are disproportionately affected by climate change should lead the just transition to a sustainable economy that provides good paying jobs while protecting our water, air, and land.
In 2020, Congresswoman Deb Haaland introduced the THRIVE Resolution which proposes a bold, transformative agenda for economic renewal. The THRIVE Agenda will create millions of good paying jobs for a just, equitable, and healthy economy. The THRIVE Act, introduced in Congress in April 2021, puts the agenda into action by authorizing investments of at least $1 trillion per year until 2031 for:
- Creating millions of good safe jobs with access to unions
- Investing in Black, Brown, working class, and Indigenous communities
- Combating environmental injustice and ensuring healthy lives for all
- Ensuring fairness for workers and communities affected by economic transitions
- Building the power of workers to fight inequality
- Strengthening and healing the nation to nation relationships with sovereign Native Nations
- Averting climate and environmental catastrophe
- Reinvesting in public institutions that enable communities and workers to thrive
Learn more about THRIVE here: https://www.thriveagenda.com
THRIVE in NM
A report from the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts Amherst found the THRIVE Act would create 55,000 jobs in New Mexico in the first year and would continue to create good paying jobs through 2030. In New Mexico, investments would concentrate on four areas:
- Clean renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Agriculture and land restoration
- Care economy, public health, and the postal system
The Sustainable Economy Task Force, created with the passage of NM Senate Bill 112, will work to ensure our state’s clean energy revolution prioritizes communities most affected while also addressing the climate crisis.
The new coalition Nuevo Mexico Prospera is made up of organizations from around the state working to diversify the state’s economy while creating thousands of jobs for communities most impacted by climate change. Congresswoman Teresa Leger Fernandez will kick-off the event, which will include representatives …
A new analysis released today shows that a robust economic recovery package that prioritizes investments in clean energy and climate solutions as well as care infrastructure could be a huge boost to New Mexico, generating more than 50,000 jobs in the state.
Job Creation Estimates for New Mexico through U.S. THRIVE Agenda Program to Transform, Heal, and Renew by Investing in a Vibrant Economy